ON THE WEB
I stopped by my friend, Connie's blog, Dirty Footprints, to see how her pregnancy is going, and I found wonderful photos of her as well as this wonderful free workshop that she put together. I watched the first video and bits of a couple others. They are WONDERFUL! If you haven't been to Connie's blog, I highly recommend doing so.
I also stopped by new friend, Kristen's blog, Art Play Today, where she was requesting title ideas for her Jesse Reno inspired painting. I really like the style of her painting and I had never heard of Jesse Reno, so it was time to do some investigating!
I found some great Jesse Reno videos on YouTube - both his own channel and videos by other artists who are inspired by his work and have taken workshops with him. (I bet you know where all of this is leading!) Here's a video of Jesse in action.
IN MY JOURNAL
Well, of course, I had to try his technique! I've been feeling in a bit of a rut lately, so I was really pumped to try something new after visiting the blogs and this video. Here are my first experiments.
Here's my first attempt at Jesse's technique. I wish I had documented how many different layers are on these pages. At first, it looked like a Latin village. There are at least six other layers beneath this.
These pages only have two or three layers. "Seeing things" in the initial paint layers or background, is very familiar to me (it's what I call intuitive painting). I saw these two figures right away and did very little to change and enhance them. It could use some doodles or something, but I've moved on.
A cow? Really? I was quite amused to see this little guy pop up. As a general rule, I "don't do animals". (Not because I don't absolutely love them, I just never felt I do them justice.)
These are so far removed from my usual work that I can't even really form an opinion on them. I can say with absolute certainty that this technique is FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
Here's my WIP (Work In Progress). It's a real mess right now, but I'm really liking this little frog-like creature. I can't wait to see where this one goes.
TAG- I'M IT! (And So Are You :o)
One of the things I really enjoy about blogging is the social aspect. I love having the interaction with other creatives, and this week, one of my newest blogging friends, Stephanie, tagged me in this game of tag. It's a great way to learn more about the the people in your blogging network. Here's my contribution:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you.
3. Create 11 questions to ask the people you tag.
4. Tag 11 people.
5. Let them know you've tagged them.
1. What are 2 names you are called that are not your real name? "Seeeester" (by my sis) and "Kizzy" (by my brother)
2. What was the last thing you thought about before you fell asleep last night? I don't really remember but I'm sure it was either art related or the fact that my CA son & his girlfriend are coming home for a visit this week! YAY ME!!!!
3. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who are late. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Makes me CRAZY! Seriously.
4. Would you rather have the power to be invisible or read minds? Without a second thought, the power to be invisible. (I don't want to be in my own mind half the time!) I could pull off some wonderfully wicked pranks if I were invisible! Bwaaahahahahaha!
5. Are you a leftie or a rightie? Rightie
6. Do you ever dance, even when there's no music playing? Absolutely - YES!
7. What would you choose to eat for your last meal? A big, bar style burger - well done with a side of mayo, fried potatoes and onions, and southern style sweet tea. For dessert - the family size bag of Lays chips and a large container of Helluva Good French Onion Dip. I kid you not! LOL
8. Do you collect anything? If so, what? I've been on a beach glass collecting kick for a couple years. This year, I've also been collecting little girls' plastic barrettes, (you wouldn't believe how many I've found since January), stones and pieces of metal. Yes - there's assemblage in my very near future!
9. What is the worse ....and I mean absolute worse present you've ever received? I'm afraid I have to plead the 5th on this one because it makes me feel sad. (It has a happy ending though) Let me state for the record that it was not from my hubby - he gives the BEST gifts!
10. Are you a Night Owl or Early Bird? Night Owl by nature, but I've become a bit of an early bird by adjusting to my hubby's schedule. I'm enjoying it now that the nice weather is here.
11. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Are you kidding me! Who could stand to sleep with the closet doors open? Ghosts, goblins and all things evil live in there!
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE PEOPLE I'VE TAGGED
1. Which do you prefer - a stroll on the beach or a stroll through the woods?
2. Which of the four seasons makes you feel most "alive"?
3. What song makes you cry?
4. What art supply could you absolutely not live without?
5. If you could spend one day studying with any artist (dead or alive) who would it be?
6. Chocolate cake or strawberry cheesecake?
7. What is your typical daily breakfast?
8. If you could spend a week free of charge, anywhere in the world, where would that be?
9. What kind of music is your car radio tuned to?
10. What is your favorite flower?
11. Are you annoyed that I tagged you? :oD
PEOPLE I TAGGED (Sorry if you've been tagged previously - I didn't check!)
1. Stephanie at Dragonfly Design Studios (Since turnabout is fair play!)
2. Geri at My Heart Art
3. Jennibellie at Jenniebellie Studio
4. Rosemari at What I Made Today
5. Jenni at A Simpler Life
6. Tracey Fletcher King (Who created this monster! :oD )
7. Tee Thompson at Green Isle Crafts
9. Kelly at Kelly's Art Journaling
10. Hanna at iHanna
11. Lee at Artfully Designed
OK..........that's all she wrote! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and as always -
CELEBRATE * LOVE * CREATE