Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Junk to Journals

Believe it or not, you come across free journaling material almost every day.  Most of the time, you need look no further than your mailbox.  Businesses spend untold millions of dollars on advertising and it's time you put their money to work for you!

Pictured: Gap advertisement from a magazine, an accordion-fold invitation to a gallery show (standing), and two journal-type pharmaceutical books


One of my other favorite sources of journaling and collage materials come from the local paint store.  Paint manufacturers offer an ever increasing plethora of imaginative and stunningly beautiful array of booklets and paint chips displaying their paint colors and showing inventive ways to use them.  I was out a couple days ago looking for a new color for our front door.  The paint colors are absolutely luscious this season!

For the record, these are not one of the colors going on my front door, but I am looking for a new color to paint my living room.  Hmmmmmmmm......



These particular booklets and chips are from Behr and Glidden.  Aren't they absolutely luscious?  I know it looks like I didn't show any restraint, but believe me, I did!



A page from Glidden's booklet showing samples of every color family.  It's a calming, inspirational page.

Journaling material is everywhere! whether used directly on your journal page as part of collage, or whether used as an inspiration for subject matter, these beautiful art sources that often get thrown into the garbage can be a useful tool in your creativity.  Take a good look at your junk mail before you toss it into the trash. It could be part of your next spread.  Come back soon to see how I've used some of my "junk".

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angelia, Nice post! Can't wait to see what you do with your recycle paper. I am enjoying the changes you made here too! I am having a giveaway on my blog, all you have to do is comment on the post! Be sure and enter if you wish!!
    Hope you have a lovely week~ All my best, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Angelia!
    This is Suze from Italy, thanks for stopping by at my blog!
    I ADORE paint chips too, paper samples and similar things! I can't get enough! :)

    I hope you'll show what you will do with these!
    Ciao!
    Suze

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails