Monday, March 7, 2011

2011 Governor's Show

Once again I had the honor of judging entries for this year's Governor's Show for Ohio.  There were many beautiful and thought provoking works entered in our region.  Here's a sampling of a few of the works headed to Columbus for the next phase of judging.













Congratulations to all of the artists that entered work for the show.  The depth of feeling and emotion evident this year's work made judging a difficult yet rewarding task.  


A multitude of thanks to the many art students who arrived on a cold, Saturday morning to ensure the smooth progression of the judging process.  Also,  thanks to Jack, Nathan and Annmarie  for taking time to hang out and chat with a couple of old artists.  You'll be missed next year!  A special thanks goes to Jack for gifting me with his wonderful print, "Room For The Life".  I'll treasure it always.


Being able to participate in the Governor's Show in this small way is something that I cherish.  The artwork is always amazing, but even more profound to me is the time I get to spend chatting with these young artists and hearing what's on their minds and in their hearts.  


The world is in difficult times, seemingly escalating in a downward spiral. What I found on Saturday morning besides great artwork, were young, enthusiastic and talented minds eager to take on the world.  What I found Saturday morning was celebration and an ounce of hope.

1 comment:

  1. These are all so amazing Angelia. So much talent, what a difficult procedure of judging them! I really love the first and the third one but they are all fabulous. Thanks for sharing them on line.
    Big hugs and many blessings dear friend.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails