Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Tips and Techniques: Psykopaint!

I was surfing the Internet for........hmmmmmm....something long forgotten, when I happened upon this site, Psykopaint.  Can you say "FUN"?  It's as user friendly a site as I have ever used, and the possibilities for creating digital artwork are endless.

How does this tie into art journaling?  It's a way to try new ideas and techniques quickly and easily without using up your paint and other materials.

"Psyko Face"

With a few clicks of the mouse and a little imagination, you can select different brushes, brush sizes, and patterns to incorporate into your work.

"Psyko Vincent"

You can choose multiple tones and values.  You can alter photographs that are available on the site, upload your own photographs, or start with a "blank canvas".

"Psyko Monet"

You can play with texture and pattern, and if you don't like it, it's gone in an instant with a simple click of the mouse.  I like "Psykopaint Monet" enough to try a similar version in my journal or on a canvas.

"Psyko Fern"

Creativity doesn't always have to be permanent to be a rewarding and gratifying experience.  You don't even have to save your images, but if you decide to do so, you can easily save each image to your computer with the simple click of a mouse.  You can then print it out and use it in your art journal.

I hope you're finally catching some glimpses of spring in your neck of the woods, and I hope you're taking time each day to "Celebrate, LOVE, and Create!"

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I must go check this out as it sounds like a lot of fun! Hugs and blessings dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails