Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday's Musings - Autumn

I feel the coolness of your breath 
Caress my skin -
Like a jilted lover's exit,
A cold embrace.


Morning sun adds warmth  
to willing branches -
Summer left overs , 
It does not touch my face.



Swirling, twirling through the sky
you make your presence known-
Summer makes it's exit left
as you command stage center.



A tragic comedy you are-
captivating audience in your tale,
cunningly you hide
the inevitable, gray winter.


Your steely touch caresses 
every surface that you touch-
Growing ripe with anticipation 
The mums await your cue -




Your drama in it's glory 
has influenced many an artist's brush-
indeed, my own.
Autumn - there's nothing quite like you.


CELEBRATE * LOVE * CREATE

P.S. There's still time to enter my giveaway!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, esp. photographs 5 and 6.
    -- Ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ed! Your comment means a lot to me since you're such a great photographer :o)

      Delete
    2. Is this where we respond in order to be entered in the fairies tea giveaway? I love your fairie artwork! I'm a great lover of fairies. They are so beautiful!

      Blessings,
      Peggy

      Delete
    3. Glad to see you found your way to the giveaway entries :o)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. I've written a few words to autumn myself. She's so inspiring, isn't she? :)
    Off to visit your fairy post, but could not resist commenting here first.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marcia! Yes- autumn is my absolute favorite time of year! Thanks for visiting ♥

      Delete
  3. Angelia, I couldn't resist stopping by again to let you know that I am giddy to hear that you might participate in Glitter and a Movie. ;) I will be posting the premier challenge soon, and after the first challenge I'll probably have a movie voting for participants to choose. This way everyone is even more involved in the "slumber party." ;)

    Thanks for stopping by.
    XOXO's,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like great fun, Marcia! I'm eager to see the first challenge :o)

      Delete
  4. A wonderful post!! thank you! and you are the winner of my Sacred Heart shrine!! Please send me your snail mail address!! blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hettienne! I'm so excited to win your lovely shrine :o)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails