Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday's Musings

"Tell All Tuesdays" with Jennibellie



One of my favorite artists and journalers, Jenny at Jennibellie Studio, asked me to do an interview for her blog.  I'm honored to have been asked, and I was her featured interview last Tuesday.  To see my interview, go HERE.  If you haven't seen Jennibellie's blog before, it's an absolute MUST.  You're going to love her bright and cheerful posts and all of the amazing tips she shares!

Thank you, Jenny, for asking me to be part of your wonderful interview series!

Vacation, Traveling and Journaling

PHOTO:  Nadia 

I spent last week in "recovery mode".  Honestly, I was so depressed I could barely function.  Living day after day exploring new places and having exciting new adventures had every one of my creative muses dancing with delight.  Returning here to the mundane, mid-west life was a shock to my system.  It's taken me a few days to get back into the groove of things, and I can say that this is the first time EVER I wasn't ready to return home.

I also discovered how much I hate airports.  Did you get that?  I HATE them.  I laugh when I look at this photo that CA daughter took of our arrival at LAX.  I've never been anywhere so poorly marked.  I didn't think we would ever find them.  I was really TICKED OFF by the time we found them.  I was hot.  I was tired.

We had to catch the shuttle from our hotel in St. Louis at 3:30 am, fly into Houston, and then catch our plane to Lax.  The St. Louis airport wasn't too bad to navigate, but TSA didn't arrive until 4:00am so we had to stand around for 20 minutes waiting for them.  The Houston airport was well marked and it was relatively easy for us to find the appropriate boarding gate.

I had my luggage searched two out of the three times we had to go through security.  That will be a post in itself.  Beware of killer bars of soap when you travel.  Yes, SOAP.


All in all, I can't tell you how happy I was on this vacation.  It was wonderful to be with our family members that we love and miss so much.  It was exhilarating to visit so many exciting and breathtaking places, and it was invigorating to escape our everyday life.

I spent Saturday working on my travel journal.  I brought back LOTS of goodies and even more memories.  We did so much running around that there was no "down time" to work in my journal during vacation.  At least all the backgrounds are done!  I'm slowly organizing, printing photos, and gathering my thoughts.  I took over 900 photos in two weeks time.  Does that make you feel panicky? LOL  I promise you won't have to look at them all - maybe. <insert evil laughter here>

That's it for today's post.  I have LOTS and LOTS to catch up on.  I'm still answering your wonderful and much appreciated comments on my posts, visiting your blogs to see what you've been up to, working in my travel journal, and preparing to work on some new pages for the upcoming "Fairies Tea Party" this Sunday.

Come back tomorrow for "Tuesday Tips and Techniques", and I'll show you some of the great FREE and not quite free finds from my adventures.  I've got some great ideas for collecting memorabilia from your travels!

CELEBRATE * LOVE * CREATE 

8 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out your interview.
    Can't wait to see your vacation memorabilia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! It's good to see you and I'll be by your blog soon. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Angelia, this is so cool. The interview was amazing and now I also found another artist in this wide web :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, dear Ana! Thanks for checking out the interview, and I know you will really enjoy your visits to Jenny's blog. Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Angelia, I found you on Jennibellie's blogspot when she posted your interview. You both are totally awesome! Thank you for sharing your talents!

    Della

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Della! I'm happy to meet you and I hope you won't be a stranger. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your vacation was wonderfully exciting Angelia... so lovely to catch up with family... off to check out your interview now...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was exciting, Jenny. One thing is certain - God willing, I am not waiting another 10 years for a vacation! Thanks for checking out the interview. ♥

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails