Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Put Your Records On!

That's right - put your records on and have some journaling fun by trying something new!  It's easy to get into a rut once you find a journaling formula that's tried and true and feels as comfy as your favorite pair of shoes, but changing your routine is as exciting as buying a new pair of shoes!

I have been the queen of Composition Notebook journaling, but going through some of the workshops at 21 Secrets prompted me to try some new materials and I'm having an absolute blast!

First of all, I bought myself a mixed media, spiral bound pad.  It's 9" x 12" (larger than a Composition Notebook) and unlined. 



I also bought a jar of Liquitex Super Heavy Gesso.  I can't begin to tell you how much fun I'm having with this.  Think about a stucco wall, and that's what you can do with this super heavy gesso. 


 It's smooth and creamy like marshmallow cream, but a tad heavier.  It stays exactly where you put it on the page.  I've used an old credit card and an empty toilet paper tube to apply some to the page. 



 You can get different effects by varying the angle of the card and by varying the pressure you apply to the page.



Whether it's trying something new like gesso, or trying a different size or type of journal, try something new for your journaling!  It's always rewarding to take a fresh approach to your creativity.  Remember, your creative muse likes to play and will thrive in the atmosphere of experimentation.

So go ahead - put your records on, let your hair down and try something new for your creative journaling.  There's just nothing else like "Happy Creating!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails