Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday Tips and Techniques: Stamp Your Feet!

That's right!  "If you're happy and you know it, stamp your feet!"  But not in the way that the song intended.  I want you to go outside, put craft or acrylic paint on the bottom of your feet (or foot) and stamp it into your journal.  I don't think I've used this as a Tuesday Tip and Technique, but even if I have it's well worth repeating!



I guarantee you that you're going to have a blast doing this!  It feels so naughty to purposefully paint part of your body.  Do it outside near the hose where you can rinse, and you won't have any of those adult worries about getting paint all over the house!

Once your footprint dries, do some journaling around it.  Here are some prompts to think about as you contemplate your journaling:


  1. Where have your feet taken you?
  2. Where would you like your feet to take you?
  3. Does a song/poem/movie come to mind that makes you think of feet?
  4. Who's path do you think you would like to travel for a day?
  5. What are you thinking as you look at the shape and size of your foot?
I hope you give this a try.  I'm going to be doing it again because I had so much fun with this one when I did it last year.  I hope you're having a creative week, and I know you're happy - so go ahead and STAMP YOUR FEET!

CELEBRATE * LOVE * CREATE

2 comments:

  1. FUN technique! Nothing like paint squishing between your toes....:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is fun, Stephanie! Now - let's see your print! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails