Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Journaling Outside the Book!


If you can "think outside the box", then you can "journal outside the book"!  I purchased this paper maché hand at a local craft store for a couple dollars.  I had no clue what I was going to do with it, but it was one of those things I just HAD to have.  It was sitting on my desk and I picked it up mindlessly, mulling over my meltdown from the day before.  That's when my creative muse gifted me with the vision of my journaled hand.

I loaded up assorted craft paints, paper towel, my favorite plate "palette" and permanent marker and headed outside to the deck where I could paint amid my flowers and the warm, southerly breeze.  It was a gorgeous day under clear, blue skies and a perfect environment for getting centered and working with my creative muse.

The first step in preparing my hand for journaling was to give it a base coat of white acrylic craft paint.  After that, I selected a few different colors to rub onto the hand with my fingers.  I really love getting into a project that way.  Why use a paint brush if fingers work!




The finished project (Click on images to enlarge)
And here I am enjoying my new hand with lots of symbolism and words of wisdom to remind me of the joy of creating, sharing and keeping faith.  I may even have to use it to slap myself when I'm out of control!  In the meantime, climb out of your box and see where YOUR creative muse suggests you journal.  Happy Creating!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous hand - I had no idea they sell paper-mache hands. What a great project!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. I am excited to look through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It makes a great conversation piece too, no pun intended!!

    Martha
    @colorpoetry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails