Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday Tips and Techniques: Make Your Photos Fabulous!

So you have all those digital photos on your computer that you occasionally browse through.  They evoke pleasant memories as you recall special events in your life.  What can you do with them in your journal?  Make them fabulous!



Here's a picture of my house.  When I come around the corner and see my house, I am filled with joy.  Home is definitely where my heart is.  How to portray the glorious feelings evoked by images of my house?



Here, I've printed out this picture of my house and added other imagery with it that illustrates the warm, fuzzy feelings that I get when I think of home.  I've added more wings to the house - even adding a turret!  How grand is that?  I've loaded the front of the house with endless flowers and blossoming trees, and I included photos of the Baltimore Orioles that I feed in the backyard.  


I love this photo of Mom and me and keep a copy of it by my bedside.  She's been gone 3 years now, but this image always makes me recall the fun and laughter that we shared over the years.  One day, Mom and Sis stopped over to visit, and to our great delight, Mom and I discovered that we had the same top!  That prompted my sister to take a group of photos of us - and of course we were clowning around as usual.


Mom's birthday was just a couple weeks ago, and what better way to celebrate than by creating a couple journal 
pages?  Mom collected clowns and enjoyed dressing like a clown when the occasion presented itself.  And I have to admit, we really enjoyed our share of time clowning around and enjoying each other's company!


I enjoyed creating these pages, and I hope they inspire your to go through your own personal photographs and create some spectacular pages.  Hey - stop clowning around and get busy as you "Celebrate, LOVE, and Create a fabulous photo spread!"

PHOTO OF THE DAY

My lilies are beautiful this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails