Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Mandala

"We know the outer world of sensations and actions, but of our inner world of thoughts and feelings we know very little ... What prevents you from knowing is not the lack of opportunity, but the lack of ability to focus in your mind what you want to understand."
~Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj (from tonyuberoi.com)

One of my favorite paths to introspection is the mandala.  Designing within the circle is both calming and meditative.



Mandalas have their origin in India but were mainly used by Tibetan Monks as a spiritual tool towards enlightenment.



There are many wonderful websites devoted to mandalas.  Here is a link to my favorite:

MANDALA OASIS  Cheryl is a wonderful, creative and loving spirit that I've just recently become acquainted with in the Blogspot network.  Her blog is informative and visually exciting and a good place to start if you're interested in learning more about mandalas.

I hope you'll give this meditative art form a try, and I hope you'll find yourself centered in "Happy Creating!"

1 comment:

  1. Mandala's are very fun to create! I love doodling pattern after pattern within them! Doodly-doo-doodly-doo! So very relaxing too! Thanks for sharing your lovely mandalas! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails