Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday Tips and Techniques: Cover It!

I always paint the cover of my journals when I've finished the pages.  Psychologically, I like the sense of finality it brings to me and the way it adds an element of  "special" to the book.


This is the first Mix Media pad that I've used as a journal.  I used Composition Notebooks before this, but used the same technique for my covers.  A coat of gesso and multiple layers of acrylic glazes set the stage for my artwork.





I've always painted faces on my journal covers, and decided not to break the tradition with this one.



A few colors of craft acrylics later and my cover is complete.  Be sure to include the date on or in your journal.  Years from now, you won't have to wonder when you completed your beautiful pages.  Have a great evening and remember: "Celebrate, LOVE, and Create!"

3 comments:

  1. Hello my dear friend. What a beautiful cover for your journal Angelia. I always love how you create... the rich beautiful colors, the faces... all of it! Hope you are doing well!
    Big hugs and many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cover Angela. I love the idea of it being the final stage of your journals. I can't wait to finish my first journal so I can decorate the cover.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails