Saturday, May 26, 2012

Weekend Journal

I had a busy week in my journal and it was a nice change - except for the reason I had so much expendable time.  I briefly mentioned getting a spider bite in last week's Weekend Journal.  I've never had one before (at least not that I know of).  It's been a hellish couple of weeks with this last one rendering me rather immobile up until Wednesday.


I was bitten in the back of my leg about half way between my knee and upper thigh as I was planting my garden box.  If you Google spider bite images (at your own risk!), you'll see what I mean. Thankfully, with the loving, tender care provided by Dr. Keith, I've been nursed back to health and have steadily progressed from large sterile pads and wrappings to a small bandage.


I had lots of quiet, peaceful time to just play with my paints, inks, charcoal and oil sticks in my journal.  I just let everything "happen".


This is the only 2 page spread that I completed.  I've been enjoying working on one page at a time and working in a vertical format for a change.  I've also been doing a lot of writing - mostly as my first layer.  Lots of quiet time = Lots of inner reflection.


I also had the opportunity to listen to talk radio while I was working.  I listened to some interesting programs while I worked.  One of my favorites was a discussion on fate vs. destiny.  I like the image that appeared as I was listening to that show.


So....was the little worm destined to be a meal for that particular bird, or was it his fate for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?  Hmmmmmmmm..............

This is the image that appeared as I listened to a program discussing Shamanism.  It was an interesting program as well.  I like thinking about ancient times, ancestors, and the customs and traditions of cultures that are unfamiliar to me.


I hope all of you have a safe and relaxing Memorial Day weekend.  As we spend time with friends and loved ones, let us remember those who have gone before us.  I'll see you again in a couple days with Monday's Muse.

CELEBRATE * LOVE * CREATE

4 comments:

  1. SO glad you are on the mend!!! Those spiders can be vicious! I'm loving all of your pages and the inspiration stories behind them. Love all of those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol! I appreciate your kind comments :o)

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, I probably shouldn't have googled spider bite images .... Feeling a bit sick now. I really do hope yours wasn't as bad as some I've seen (in a flash before I clicked away...).
    But your journal pages didn't suffer: they alle came out great. My favorite is the 2 page spread. Love the figures and the colors. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Denthe! I was pretty horrified myself when I Googled those images. I had Keith take pics of my wound when it started healing so that I could see it. I was FREAKING OUT! LOL I'm glad I couldn't see it. Thanks for the sweet comments on my work ♥

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails