Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday Tips & Techniques: Pages for Planning

Well, it's that time of year again!  It's time to visit the nurseries and dream of the paradise I want to create for the summer.  It's time to pull out the seed packets and make a garden plan for the vegetables.  I was going to pull out a piece of scrap or copy paper, when it occurred to me that it would be much more fun to plan on something pretty - and why not put it in my daily journal?


It doesn't have to be a big deal!  Slap on some acrylic or watercolors to get rid of the white paper.


Add a border that reflects the mood of what you want to plan.  Nothing says "outdoors" and "food" to me more than black and white check!


Add some imagery around the border that also reflects what you're going to plan.  Here, I've added a few vine-like swirls, some peppers, and names of vegetables that I like to plant.  A few "gems" of paint to add a little sparkle, and I'm ready to start planning my garden.

Now I can take my journal outside and plan my garden among the birds visiting my feeder.  I could have planned my garden on blank paper, but doesn't this look much more inviting?  

What do you need to make plans for this week or month?  Graduation parties, weddings, vacations, holiday parties?  Take the time to create a welcoming environment for your thought process.  You deserve to pamper yourself in this small way, and besides, you won't have to roam around the house wondering where you've put your list - you'll know right where it is!

CELEBRATE * LOVE * CREATE

6 comments:

  1. Great idea!! I like what you have done with this :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carol! It's good to see you. Thanks, and thanks for commenting! :o)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this- I've always wanted to make a garden journals, but never got this far- I always forget exactly what's blooming when....your pepper and checker borders are so fun!
    Oh and our oldest is graduating on the 25th.....
    Hugs and happy planting!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! I actually created a whole gardening journal last year (which STILL isn't finished! LOL) I used Teesha Moore's journal format with one sheet of watercolor paper. I think I'm going to like this better - creating pages when I need them. Congratulations on the first graduating! YIPPIE (for BOTH of you)!!! I expect to see some pages for that, so you better get prepping! :o)

      Delete
  3. So excited for gardening season. I love to plant a veggie garden and watch it take off. Such a miracle every season. HOpefully our Northwest weather will cooperate this year. Love the images of your garden page. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! I got my garden box planted this week so I'm excited and crossing my fingers that we won't get a frost. I've planted about 3 weeks early, but it's been exceptionally warm here since late Feb. I bought a few 4 inch annual pots yesterday, but it's so early that my favorite nursery doesn't have flats out until next week. Hope your weather stabilizes soon!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails