Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shopping Fun

I made a stop at my local craft store this afternoon to pick up my tried and true Canson Mix Media notebook for the new year.  The good news is they had them in stock.  The bad news is they went up $1.  I really need to keep a closer eye on the sales.

Of course, you know I couldn't just walk in and out with just that, right?  After all, I'm all about trying something new!


I enjoy using the Reeves Watersoluble Wax Pastels in my journals, so I thought I would give their brand of watercolors a try. I figured for $5, I can't go wrong.  I also found this Royal & Langnickel Keep N' Carry Watercolor Set for $5.


The kit includes 6 watercolor paints with a watercolor pad, Taklon brush, pencil, eraser & sharpener in a zippered carrying case.  Even if the paints are horrible, I thought the case was worth the price.  I haven't tried it out yet, but I do think my moleskin journal will fit inside.

I found quite a few other assorted goodies, but I'm afraid I can't show them to you.  I bought some items to share with my Secret Santa in my journaling class, and I have very good students who read this blog!  I hope you're having a wonderful week as you "Celebrate, LOVE, and Create!"


Don't forget to leave a comment on today's post to be entered into my Birthday Giveaway!  The more you comment, the more chances you have to win.  See yesterday's post for details.

TODAY'S PHOTO


What's a birthday without a little bling!  Hubby surprised me by, as he said, "changing it up a little bit".  In lieu of art related supplies, he gave me this great charm bracelet.  Hey, every princess needs a little bling!

7 comments:

  1. Every princess needs bling...so true!! Your husband is spoiling you good. Love your art supply finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you using the Reeves Wax Pastels in one of your videos and I was so glad to see how you use them. I have them too, but I don't use them enough. Maybe that should be my "different" this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang you got a good man there - art and jewelry. What next ... hopefully chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that watercolour kit looks fabulous, I can never walk out of an art store with just what I went in there to buy. Always other things that catch my eye and that I just HAVE to try
    Ooh lovely bracelet, I always love a little bling, lucky girl
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday bling sounds good! Heh, it's fun to shop for crafts, no? The imagination can run wild, and you can find a lot of interesting materials to use while shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little art kit. Let us know if the moleskine fits!

    Very cute bracelet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails