Saturday, March 17, 2012

Weekend Journal

It's been a week filled with the unexpected pleasure of an early spring, impromptu visits with family and friends, and annoying (TAXES!) obligations.  In spite of all the activity, The Muse would not be silenced . . .

Acrylic, India ink, white Sharpie paint pen, collage

Monday morning's threat of rain didn't hamper my morning walk at the beach at all; I checked the hourly weather forecast which assured me the rain would not reach us until 10 am.  So, my gal, Ro and I set out on our hunting and gathering glass expedition along Lake Erie's shores.  We were still quite a distance away from the cars when the first rain drops hit at 9:58 am.  Yah - you're talking SPEED WALKING!  We managed to get to our cars before the big rains hit.  I don't know if it was the "speed walking" or the time change that hit me, but by noon I was so tired I couldn't even think straight.  But I could and DID journal this page.

Acrylic paint, India ink, white Sharpie paint pen

As most of you know who live in the midwest of the US, this weather is highly abnormal for March.  It's pretty much all anyone can talk about.  (I had to dig out my capri pants!  I didn't think it was possible to dress too warm for the beach in March, but I did.  I was roasting!)  The birds are securing their homes for the season and every morning sounds delightfully happy as they fill the air with song.  It feels like past trips to Florida in the spring, and I have to keep telling myself, "It's only MARCH - no matter how many seed catalogs arrive in the mail".

Acrylic paint

My journaling lesson in this week's Wednesday night journaling class was what I call  the "controlled pouring" technique.  We created landscapes and I think they turned out great.  I'll try to get some class photos this week so you can see some of the other creations.  I'll also be showing this technique in an upcoming Tuesday Tips and Techniques.

Water soluble crayons, acrylic paint, India ink, white Sharpie paint pen, collage

I created this spread last night.  I was am really annoyed at a friend who in my view is being selfish and manipulative with his wife.  My conversation with him left me feeling frustrated and angry, and before I knew it, I was thinking about the status of women throughout history.  I'll leave it at . . .

So....that was my a glimpse into my week.  What's been going on in your world?  Are you using your emotions, thoughts, and feelings to create some pages?  Have you tried some new techniques or supplies?  Whatever you're up to, I hope you're having a wonderful time!

CELEBRATE * LOVE * CREATE

2 comments:

  1. Love the landscape...it has such a magical light around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Piarom. I need to try and finish this one in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails