Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Home Again!

We arrived back home on Sunday night after our whirlwind, two week vacation to Missouri and California.  (I know - I didn't actually tell you when I was leaving, did I? )  We visited Columbia, St. Louis, and St. Charles in Missouri, and Mission Viejo, San Clemente, Laguna Beach, and Los Angeles in California.  We were also gifted with two surprise, overnight stays at Catalina Island and The Grand Canyon in Arizona.  Needless to say, I am inspired, exhausted and adapting to normal life after our extraordinary adventure!

Clouds over California.  Photo:  Keith Thompson

Beyond the first couple days of vacation, there was virtually NO time to spend working in my travel journal, but I was able to keep all of my memorabilia (somewhat) organized so that I can complete it here at home.  I took close to a thousand photos - I promise I won't make you view all of them!

I wasn't able to respond to all of the wonderful comments you've left on my blog, but I did read each and every one and promise to respond to all of them in the next few days.  I also have lots of reading to catch up on from all of your wonderful blog posts.

Now I'm trying to get back into the swing of "normal" life.  I have errands to run, major grocery shopping to do, and lots of art to create.  I'll be back with another "Weekend Journal" post on Saturday.  I've got some great stuff to share with you!

CELEBRATE * LOVE * CREATE

11 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great trip!!! You were so close to me when you were in St. Louis :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad I didn't realize I was so close, Carol. We may have gotten to meet each other!

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful Angelia... so happy you had an awesome holiday... can only imagine how wonderful your journal is going to be...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! It's going to take a lot longer to complete my journal than I had imagined. We did so much on vacation that I only worked in my journal on day four!

      Delete
  3. angelia, that photo looks wonderful. I am glad you had a great trip and can't wait to see what bag of tricks (or goodies and photos) you brought with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana! I love that photo that Keith snapped with his phone. He tried taking some photos when we flew over the Grand Canyon, but they just didn't turn out :o(

      Delete
  4. Wow, what fun! That WAS a whirlwind trip!
    I lived in San Clemente for 3 years. I loved it there. Parts of it have changed very much since the early 80s. And parts (the coast highway and the neighborhoods by the beach) remain unchanged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Magpie! I can certainly see the appeal in living there. It's just so beautiful!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great trip and smart to not say when you're actually going!!! Great shot of the clouds out of your airplane window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a trip of a lifetime for me, Geri! I thought it was smart not to tell the entire world when the house would be empty - even though Keith was posting pics on FB almost daily. LOL

      Delete
  6. Hi, I do believе thіs іs a gгeat website.

    I stumbledupon it ;) I'm going to come back once again since i have bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.
    Take a look at my blog :: extra money

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails