Thursday, July 29, 2010

Girl's Night Out

Celebrating the Night - Part 2

How are your "night" journal pages coming along?  I was listening to DeBarge's, "Rhythm of the Night", and the Caribbean flavor of the song reminded me of our girl's night out at Bahama Breeze a few Friday nights ago. The "girls" included Colleen, Samantha, Staci and myself.  The four of us worked together at Painesville Recreation Center for the after school program years ago, but we have stayed in touch and remained "sisters" all this time.  We don't get together as often as we would like, but when we do it's always great fun and usually includes a decent amount of chiding with each other (Just how many pairs of glasses does Staci have in her purse?), and adult beverages, and this night was certainly no exception!



I used craft acrylics exclusively for this spread. I started with a dark blue, purple & teal background and added layers of bright blue. I added a layer of white to the glass before I added color, and the rectangle above the name Colleen is an empty sugar packet from Bahama Breeze that I applied to page with Mod Podge. 

Do you take away little mementos from your outings? Napkins, receipts, coasters, matchbooks, and other items from places that you visit are perfect for colláge into your journal.  They help to refresh your memory of happy moments and most definitely contribute to "Happy Creating!".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails