Monday, August 30, 2010

Fire, Art, Music & Tech Burn Out

I tried to create a post earlier, but honestly, I'm just burned out, shut down -the brain has exited the building.  I've not yet found a solution to my video tech problems and quite frankly, I'm exasperated to the point where I just can't deal with it anymore for awhile. 

It was definitely time to "Fill the well" and recharge my spirit, and that's just what I did this weekend by working in my journal, and surrounding myself with good friends, good music and good wine.

We had a wonderful bonfire at Ro's on Friday night.  It was a beautiful starry night with some scattered clouds, and the moon was just a few days past full. It was a night perfect for listening to the crackling fire and sipping wine.

Photo: "August Moon" taken by Keith Thompson
We went out Saturday night to listen to our singer/songwriter friend, Tom Smith, play a gig at Rider's 1812 Inn in Painesville.  Tom entertained us with favorites from decades past, like Seals & Crofts', "Summer Breeze" and Bob Dylan's, "Don't Think Twice". 


He covered many more favorites from artists like The Beatles, Al Green, James Taylor and the more contemporary Verve Pipe and Black Crowes, but it's Tom's thoughtful and tender originals that always captivate my attention.  Tom is genuine, caring and  funny, and I am always enriched after having been in his presence.  He and his wife, Kathy, are far more family than friends.


And speaking of Kathy, she turned us on to an excellent Australian Shiraz.  How can you possibly go wrong with a wine named, "Layer Cake"?


So, that's about it for now.  Today I went for my morning walk with Ro and did some grocery shopping.  After putting the groceries away, I basically spent the day doing NOTHING.  That's right, I did NOTHING, and in doing so continued to feed my spirit and recharge my energy.


Now, I'm feeling like I can face my technical problems head-on tomorrow and find a solution.  After all, there are so many wonderful things coming up for the month of September and they all point to "Happy Creating!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! It's a pleasure sharing the creative world of art journaling with you. I love hearing from you, so comments and questions are always welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails